Friday 11 September 2015

An Up-Hill Battle

This summer I hiked my share of mountains. Our first hike was 7 hours of up-hill battle and the hikes just got harder and harder. They might have been shorter in duration but they never let us down on the difficulties.
 
Packing our bags became an art as we moved
9 times while in Honduras.
 
But by the grace of God our easier hikes were the moving hikes where we had to carry all of our belongings on our backs.
 
We would hire local mules and their care takers
 to move our kitchen supplies from one location to the next.
 
They were never easy, and often times we would share each others loads. Reminding us of how God often doesn't remove us from a situation, but rather is the ever present encourager who carries our loads when we can't.
 
Our leaders Were ALWAYS there for us!
Here he carries not only his full pack
but also the pack of one of our teammates
who was particularly struggling.
 
 
It is still hard, but it is ok, because you KNOW that no matter what you come up against there is someone right there beside you who will catch you before you fall off the mountain.
 
I did in fact almost fall off the mountain on one of our hikes,
Thankfully one of my leaders caught me before that happened.
 
Who will lift your burdens when they are too heavy, who will offer the encouraging words that are willing you to continue, willing you to keep fighting.
 
When hiking to different village's
to do presentations in their schools and churches
 we would take back packs
filled with the day necessities.
 
It is not how we fall down but rather how we GET BACK UP!There were many times when I had to get back up, and many when I was the one who got to help others to their feet.
 
Seeing signs of a village after a hike was always encouraging
because it would remind us of why we had just spent the past hours
 placing one foot in front of the other.
 
I might not have physical mountains in my path right now, but I DO have Spiritual Mountains. And I have to keep reminding myself that I am not climbing this mountain alone! 
 
We were never alone when hiking,
 and team mates saw me at my worst
 yet they would never leave me.
God has seen you worse then anyone ever will
 but He NEVER leaves you to scale your mountains alone.

Thanks and God Bless!!
~Wiggles








No comments:

Post a Comment